Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's All About Christmas

I had the plan to finish out my "month of Martha" in the kitchen. I'd find some awesome recipes and then bring them to life by strapping on my apron! I will say that my menu sounded delicious and the pictures on the recipes looked spectacular, but something went wrong in the execution process. It wasn't a complete disaster because everything we made was devoured, but if Martha had been invited to Christmas dinner at the Wilt's house I would have called her and told her that everyone had come down with typhoid.


The planned menu; my pinterest pins.


                                                                       Source: thehungrymouse.com via Linsey on Pinterest

                                                                              Source: weheartit.com via Linsey on Pinterest

                                                                              Source: foodgawker.com via Linsey on Pinterest

     Source: bakingbites.com via Linsey on Pinterest



We overcooked the prime rib, but it was still delicious; we just drenched it in au jus!






The strawberries didn't turn out at all, they looked nothing like the picture. Mine looked more like I tried making them blindfolded, but they are in the freezer and I will continue to give them to the kids for snacks!


The potatoes ended up becoming chips because we tried frying them instead of baking them like the recipe called for. The cooking process wasn't long enough to completely cook the potato, but the chips were great!

The lemon bars didn't cook long enough so they were too soft and were a bit too tart, but the platter was empty and the last one was fought over. 


Matty's cookies for Santa were a hit, but then again they did come from a tube!!



A few Christmas highlights!

"What About Bob" on Christmas Eve. Um, it's funny, isn't that the only reason you need for the qualifications of a good Christmas Eve movie?



What I love most about Christmas is spending the entire day doing nothing but hanging out with those we love most; nothing else on the agenda but to eat, play, veg and love! 




Toys, what toys? Boxes are way more fun!


The night ended with the girls quietly playing Monopoly,


the boys beating the snot out of each other,




and Luke the guard dog making sure everyone was accounted for!


I think I'm retiring, being Martha is flipping exhausting. I am sure she will surface from time-to-time, but keeping it up consistently is just not my cup of tea! 


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun looking Christmas! Your Martha Month was fun to read and see. You are a woman of many talents and tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cute. Your kids are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how my food would have turned out too, and we would have devoured it just the same! And Ella just asked me yesterday if we had seen "What about Bob" (I haven't) and then started laughing saying it was a funny movie! :) Looks like it was a great family Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be a memorable Christmas for the whole family. Happy New Year.

    Come and check out the new WORLD BLOGGERS COMMUNITY (http://worldbloggerscommunity.ning.com). It will be lunched this weekend but sign-ups are already open. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do tthink this is an excellent site. I stumbleduipon it ;) I may
    revisit yet again since i have book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way tto change, may you be rich and continue to
    guide others.

    Here is my blog post: backlinks ()

    ReplyDelete