Friday, August 6, 2010

Steinmetz Cuties and Camera Love

Last August, when I was visiting CO with my mom and we were scoping out houses, I purchased my first camera off of Craigslist!! I new I loved taking pictures and I just wanted a descent camera to practice on.

After I realized, okay I really like this! I then emailed my friend and the man who married us when we were just babies! He is an amazing photographer, Maddox Visual. I needed help, someone to point me in the right direction, and I could think of no one better. Thank you Tyler!! He quickly emailed me back and gave me a list of gear he recommended. He also came me some wonderful resources like strobist, which I have yet to finish going through, its on my long list of things to accomplish!

I then thought to myself, this will be great, I will take it slow, learn as much as I can, and do something with it in five years. My idea was to take in as much as I could, practice on my kids, and then when they were all in school, start something with it. It's funny how our plans don't really work out they way we think.

It has been twelve months, three camera upgrades later, and a passion that just wont let up! When I get something on the brain, my personality is to attack it with force!!

I am still not sure the timeline, but I have a feeling it will be sooner than five years. I am in love with taking pictures and capturing moments!!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends, who let me practice on them! They seriously give me the confidence I need and help me think, "I can do this!" I think I am almost ready to call myself a photographer!

Thank you Kellie and Jason for letting me take pictures of your adorable kids! I had so much fun!! I hope you love the pictures as much as I do!!

There are a ton, it was really hard for me to choose!!












Miss Aspen has the cutest personality and I just loved trying to capture it, especially while she was in her adorable tutu!!




Handsome guy! He was so cute, we would snap a few and then he would say, "come on" and lead me somewhere different. He loved being the little explorer and picking the pictures spots!!












Hold on Aspen






















This is one my my favs! Just look at that tude! It's perfect!! She also had just hiked up the tutu!!






Little sis keeping her big brother in line!











I love these ones so much, I just had to put the black and white versions up too!



I really could not believe what troopers these two were!! They let me just keep going and going!! My pocket full of skittles helped too!!

Kellie watches this little cutie and we couldn't help but take a few of her too!
Beautiful Bella!





Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Your love for photography shows in you photos.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great photographer! And your kiddo's are beautiful! I'm your newest follower. :) I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful children! I am loving those big brown eyes! And beautiful Bella is just precious!

    Always nice to support a fellow photographer! Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I'm bowled over by these beautiful images. The faces, the talent! As a fledgling photographer (actually, I can't even call myself that), can I ask what camera and lens you use for these? It'll take me years to replicate but still, people like you inspire me to be better at my craft. Or seek help :)

    ReplyDelete