Friday, July 23, 2010

Credit Card Christmas

The UPS man is probably sick of making trips up to our house, it isn't the easiest of rides.  But it is the greatest sound, hearing that brown truck pull up.  To me, that sound means Christmas!  I am so excited about all the free stuff we got recently in the mail, from earning points on our credit card!!!  We buy everything with credit and then pay it off each month, and with that, we rack up huge points and get to redeem them for cool stuff.  I had just been spoiled with a huge camera purchase, so Erik got to go shopping and use all the points we had accumulated!!  Here is what he picked!


Leatherman 830160 Surge Pocket Multitool with Leather Sheath








Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL

Office: Seasons 1-5





Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor







Citi® Gift Card - $50

I was really impressed with everything he chose and I couldn't believe how much cool, free, loot he was able to get with our points!!  I was going to cancel the card, but after this, we decided to keep it!!!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Was that after a year? That's great that you and your husband can control the finances by paying off each month. I'm impressed by the amount of loot he got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this was only after 6 months, but we used this card for our move to CO, so that did rack up big points. I will be curious to see how many points we collect through this next year, now that we have switched to only using that card for everything!! I was really impressed with what he got too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful. My husband needs a new food processor. They don't have that kind of stuff on our rewards list. Is it a regular Card with Citi bank?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME stuff...does Erik really like to cook, or was the food processor a GIFT for YOU??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually he does like to cook and when he does he loves the food processor. I usually will prefer to just chop by hand rather than take out the whole machine and then have to clean it. Our other one broke on his last batch of salsa. But I am thankful to have such an awesome one this time around, he did good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed right now! We've gotta start doing that! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just lucky you have the will power to pay off the credit card. I keep saying that, but $12000 later, I'm like, "Crap! I really have to pay off those items!" haha
    It's a terrific idea though, one I wish I had more discipline to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete