Friday, June 4, 2010

The Booger

Today our agenda included finding and trying Snooze, an A.M. Eatery http://www.snoozeeatery.com/ in Denver.  After a two hour wait, we feasted on a $75.00 breakfast!  Even though the wait was long and we paid $4.00 for a side of strawberries, we still enjoyed ourselves and the food was seriously delicious!!  Thank you Nana and Papa for treating us to a fun breakfast!!





These were so delicious!!
Juan’s Breakfast Tacos Three fresh corn or flour tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, shredded hash browns, jack cheese, and ranchero sauce

With our bellies full we set out to enjoy the rest of this beautiful Friday.  We drove around a lot looking for sweet spots to open a cafe, and then ended up at the Cherry Creek Mall.  The kids needed to burn off some steam in the play area and I needed some make-up.

I love going to get new make-up, it's such a treat.  The people are so nice and helpful at Bare Essentials and I always feel well taken care of.  Not to mention the fact that I always throw at least a new lipstick into the pile of necessities, or maybe a couple new lipsticks!!  I live far away, so I need to stock up in order to save on gas, I think it's a good plan!!



All my fun goodies!!!


Well today I was helped by Emma, she was so sweet and very helpful.  This is when my dilemma (no pun intended, haha) comes into play.  She had a booger, not just a little booger, but a good size, visable to all, booger.  She also had a flashy nose ring, it was cute but it was drawing further attention to this unwanted visitor.  As she was helping me I was thinking of all the creative ways I could tell her.  I mean if it was me, I would want someone to tell me.  The initial embarrasement would soon fade and I would be so thankful that this kind stranger spared me from all the gasping onlookers for the rest of the day.  But I just couldn't bring myself to tell her, why?  What am I really afraid of?  She would only appreciate it, but I just couldn't do it.  I can pretty much talk to anyone about anything, but in this situation I just couldn't be the one to embarras Emma.  Was it because I had formed a bond with her in the short fiveteen minutes I was in the store and didn't want to compramise that bond?  I just didn't want to be the bad guy.  I left feeling like I failed Emma, she was so helpful to me and I left her hanging (sorry, had too).  Instead of leaving it up to the next customer to have the guts to inform her, I should of been the one.  Next time I am in this situation I hope I will have learned my lesson.  Anyone our there with an unwanted item on or in your face, don't worry, I got your back!!

What are your feelings on this issue? Would you of told her? Have you been in a similar situation, what did you do? Maybe you have an embarrassing story of your own you would like to share?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment