Friday, June 18, 2010

Bedroom treasures

Going back a little to the day I went court for my speeding ticket, it was also the day I scored big with fun finds for our neglected master bedroom.   I had saved so much in court on my ticket, little did I know I would be getting two more within the week, but at the time I felt good and ready to spend some money!  


I have never been a big shopper, but once kids came along, knowing that I could be alone in a store, I became all for it!  On the flip side, if I know I have to take all my kids with me to shop, I cry a little tear and then put on my armor ready to do battle.  Thanks to my wonderful friend Heather who was watching my munchkins for the day, I was able to enjoy this shopping venture.  It was so great to be able to use my full brain, or at least more than normal and actually focus on what I was purchasing.  I didn't have to return anything, thats a first for me!!  I browsed each isle, just because I could!  


If you do not live near a  Hobby Lobby , I am sorry, it's a wonderful store!  Everything that I needed, or I should say wanted, to buy this day was way on sale!!!   



These are the end tables I chose, 50% off,  I just love them.   Thats not a scratch, its the price tag tucked into the drawer.  It's the returner in me, I am just never sure until I'm sure!



Okay, so I didn't really need this, but it was 66% off, and so cute!!!


All the pillows were 66% off!




I also bought this, that I thought was going to go over the bed, but it ended up in my bathroom. 




Okay, so now my mirror story.  I have been wanting to get a huge framed mirror for the corner in our bedroom.  I have been waiting for a deal because they can be pricy.  This day at Hobby Lobby, all the mirrors were 50% off, so I just looked.   I came across this great black one, that of course would look great in our room!  I spotted a crack in the bottom left corner.  Now some would look at the crack and say, "O, a crack, and pass it by." I look at that crack and say, "awesome, discount!"  I found a store manager and asked how much more she could take off the mirror.  She said she could lower it to 66% off.  66% off of 300.00 was still a lot to me, but I decided it was to good of a deal to pass up.  When I got up front, she rung it up for 102.00, less than I was expecting for some reason, so I was happy!!  The girl helping me out to my car, comes out to me with this bright red face and says she has some terrible news.  She had dropped my mirror and it shattered everywhere.  She apologized over and over and was so embarrassed.  She then told me that they were going to order me a brand new one, no price difference.  I was so excited.  I don't know why these happen to me, but they do.  I told her, seriously you just made my day, thank you so much for dropping my mirror!!  Here is my brand new mirror, no crack, and still 66% off!!!!









I also made a few other stops


I picked up some matching lamps and prints from TJ Maxx Homestore










Curtains from Target






A few color pieces, one for 10.00 and one for 1.00










After falling asleep each night looking at this, I finally choose a color.  It might take me awhile, but I'll get it!  One day it just came to me, yellow.  Well it's called Golden Fleece, so pretty!!  When I first told Erik I was painting our room yellow, he wasn't big on the idea.  I asked him to please let me go with it and of course he did.  He likes it, at least he tells me he does!!








All the price tags have been removed and  the room is finally done.  I can't wait to show you how it all came together!!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment